It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:37 am

Car trip from York to Italy (Milan or Verona), return 

Post Car trip from York to Italy (Milan or Verona), return
Hello!
My name is Giovanna.
I am planning to travel from York to Italy for Christmas with my dog (Mitzy) and would like to share the trip with somebody.
I would like to share expences and driving.
My final destination is Verona in Italy but I could modify the trip to any where in the North of Italy (Turin or Milan or other places).
I will be leaving around the 18th or 19th of December 2011 and coming back on the 5th of January 2012.
My car is a Ford Ka from 2002.
A few stops planned for the dog. Possibly we could do the trip in 2 days and sleep in a hotel somewhere in France.
Please write me if you are interested.
Giovanna

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Post Re: Car trip from York to Italy (Milan or Verona), return
Hello Giovanna,

I am not sure if this will be of interest to you but it may help with petrol costs! I am trying to transport my dog ( Mortischa) from Venice to Blackpool in January and I wondered if you would consider bringing her into the UK for me. I have a 2 year old son and am reluctant to travel that distance with him in a car and animal transporters are very expensive.

She is chipped, has had her rabies jab and has a passport but will need a parasite treatment to return to the UK which may have to be done en route.

She is a cross between a setter and a golden retriever and weighs 28kg.

Is this something you would consider ? I would be able to contribute substantially to the petrol costs. If your boot is too small for two dogs I am aware they can travel with a special seatbelt.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Daniella.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Post Re: Car trip from York to Italy (Milan or Verona), return
Hi Daniella!

I am sorry but since I have found nobody else to share the trip with, I have opted for another type of journey. I will be travelling to Calais by car (on the ferry), leave the car in Calais, then take the train from there to Milan. I will obviously do the same on the way back. So I could actually carry Mortischa from Calais to York if you wanted. With the new rules she will only need to be dewormed 1-5 days before passing the border (******.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/).

I am so sorry I cannot be of help. I know it is very difficult to travel a pet to the UK and it looks like they try to make it more and more difficult. I had a Ā£1000 quote to have my dog in an airplane hold with British Airways! Alitalia gave me a quote of 50 euros but they only transport dogs from the UK to Italy, not the other way round. And Eurostars for some strange reasons do no want dogs onboard.

Anyway, I might be doing the trip again (this time by car) in the summer. So I would be happy then to help with your dog. I don't know though if you need to have Mortisha trasported now or if you can wait.

My personal email address is giovannape@email.it if you want to be in contact, I don't check this forum very often.
Are you Italian? If so, we can write in Italian!

Sorry i could not be of more help!
Giovanna

daniella wrote:
Hello Giovanna,

I am not sure if this will be of interest to you but it may help with petrol costs! I am trying to transport my dog ( Mortischa) from Venice to Blackpool in January and I wondered if you would consider bringing her into the UK for me. I have a 2 year old son and am reluctant to travel that distance with him in a car and animal transporters are very expensive.

She is chipped, has had her rabies jab and has a passport but will need a parasite treatment to return to the UK which may have to be done en route.

She is a cross between a setter and a golden retriever and weighs 28kg.

Is this something you would consider ? I would be able to contribute substantially to the petrol costs. If your boot is too small for two dogs I am aware they can travel with a special seatbelt.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Daniella.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:11 pm